How to make the canederli
- Soak the white bread in the milk. Add the salt and the parsley.
- In a skillet melt the butter and sauté the onion. Add to the bread.
- Add the grey cheese and mix all the ingredients. Leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Add the flour and the eggs, stir thoroughly and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Wet hands and shape the canederli, then flatten slightly.
- Heat the oil in the skillet and sauté the canederli on both sides.
- Bring salted water to the boil, reduce heat and simmer the canederli for 8–10 minutes.
- Remove and arrange on a plate. Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano and melted butter.
- 400 g (14 oz) cubed dry white bread
- 25 ml (⅛ cup) of milk
- ½ tsp of salt
- finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp of butter
- ½ chopped onion
- 150 g (5 oz) of gray cheese cubes
- 60 g (2½ oz) of flour
- 2–3 eggs
- oil (to sauté)
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- melted butt
Recommended Wine: Custoza
|Harvest time:||Middle September.|
|Wine processing:||In stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature.|
|Ageing:||Matured in steel casks about 3 months long.|
|Tasting notes:||Straw yellow. Fruity, intense and kindly aromatic perfumes. The taste is savoury, delicate and round- ed.|
|Alcohol:||Alcohol: 12% vol.|
|Food matching:||Excellent as aperitif, with first courses of fish, grilled or saucy fish and white meats.|
|Serve:||Serve at 10-12° C, open at the moment..|
|Size:||Bottle 0.75 l.|