- Purge the clams in salted water before opening them in a saucepan over a high heat.
- Select the tender leaves of the cakile and wash them thoroughly to remove any sand.
- Crush the garlic and brown it in a pan with plenty of extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the clams and pour in the white wine. Mix with the water from the clams and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Cut the bread into 8 thin slices and place them in a large dish.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and add them in a bowl to the cakile. Add salt and olive oil.
- Pour the clams, tomatoes and cakile over the bread, so it soaks up the liquid, and serve.
- 750 g (26 oz) clams
- 8 slices of stale bread a bunch of European cakile (beach arugula)
- 150 g (5 oz) cherry tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- a glass of white wine
- extra virgin olive
Recommended: Extra Virgin Olive Oil