Calculate a cooking time of 25 minutes, because the wine should be added cold.
1. Melt the butter in an aluminum saucepan. When it melts, stir in the rice and leave it until it looks glossy.
2. At this point add half the wine and simmer briskly,
so that the alcohol evaporates.
3. When it is almost dry, add the second part of the wine and simmer again, with the stock as needed.
4. Remove the rice al dente from the heat. Add the butter, raw Parmesan and pepper.
5. Stir briskly and leave to rest covered with a cloth for a few minutes.
6. Before serving, if necessary, add a little stock to soften it and stir again.
7. The rice should appear almost frosted in appearance and a beautiful purple color.
Suggestion: This dish should be accompanied with red wines made from dried grapes
- 380–400 gr Carnaroli rice
- 1 ltr light chicken stock
- 400 cl Recioto della Valpolicella (very sweet, and purple colored, not barriqued)
- 100 gr butter plus 30 gr for creaming
- a handful of fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- A sprinkle of ground black pepper
Recommended Wine: Recioto della Valpolicella
|Grape origin:||from the “Mandolari”, “Bosco”, “Tondin” vineyards on the Scriani Estate in Fumane.|
|Grape varieties:||Corvina 60%, Corvinone 20%, Rondinella 10%, Molinara 10%.|
|Harvest:||manual harvest (third week of September); selection of the best grapes which have been exposed to the sun.|
|Vinification:||after a period of natural drying room of 100 to 130 days, pressing and slow fermentation at a low temperature.|
|Ageing:||in small oak barrels for about 12 months and in the bottle for a further 12 months.|
|Tasting notes:||ruby red with a tendency towards purple, clean and intense aromas of fruit syrup, walnut, and with bouquet of cherries, red berries and lightly spicy notes.|
|Food matches:||a wonderful dessert wine, which is the perfect match to the traditional desserts from the local area such as Veronese Pandoro, Panettone and pastry but it can be happily paired with soft cheeses such as gorgonzola.|
|Temperature:||To be served at room temperature 18-20° and uncorked before drinking to allow some time for it to release all the intensity of its perfume.|
|Size:||Bottle 0.50 l.|