- Put the water, wine, whole shallots, thyme, bay leaves and the thoroughly cleaned stock fish in a deep pan.
- Bring to the boil over a low heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and strain the stock.
- Separately, heat the oil in a pan with the garlic, removing it as soon as it begins to brown.
- Add the rice and fry over a low heat. As soon as the rice is shiny, begin cooking by gradually adding the fish stock and salt.
- After approximately 20 minutes, turn off the heat and stir in the sea urchin roe and oil, keeping a couple of spoonfuls of the roe for decorating the plates.
- Place a portion of the risotto in the centre of each plate, top with the set aside sea urchin roe, and sprinkle with chopped parsley (optional) and lemon zest.
- – 280g (1⅓ cups) Carnaroli or Vialone Nano rice
- 500g (1 lb) stock fish (rose fish, bandfish, tub gurnard, weaverfish)
- 120g (4¼ oz) sea urchin roe
- 1.5l (3 pts) water
- 750ml (1½ pts) wine
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- Italian parsley
- 1 large pinch of thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- lemon peel (optional)
- extra virgin
- olive oil
|Vineyard:||San Martino della Battaglia.|
|Grape variety:||100% Trebbiano.|
|Harvest time:||Early October. The grapes are picked by hand in baskets and selected.|
|Wine processing:||In stainless steel tanks.|
|Ageing:||Matured in steel casks about 7 months long, 5 of which on its fine lees.|
|Tasting notes:||Light straw yellow with golden shades. Fresh fruits perfumes, apple and white peach in particular, and nice citrus notes. Taste is large and rounded.|
|Alcohol:||Alcohol 12,5% Vol.|
|Food matching:||Excellent as aperitif, with starters and fish.|
|Size:||Bottle 0.75 l.|