- 1 kg tripe
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 rib celery
- 1 clove garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 glass white wine
- Rosemary, sage, bay leaf
- ½ ltr beef stock
- 200 gr tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Wash the tripe and cut into strips.
- In a pan put the onion, carrot, celery and minced garlic and brown them in olive oil.
- Add the tripe and, after cooking for 5 minutes, add the white wine.
- Season with salt and pepper, adding all the aromas, leaving the broth and the tomato sauce to last.
- Cook for 3½ hours over low heat, and serve with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese.
Recommended Wine: Valpolicella Classico
|Grape origin:||from the “Ronchiel” and “La Costa” vineyards on the Scriani estate, Fumane.|
|Grape varieties:||Corvina 60%, Corvinone 20% , Rondinella 10%, Molinara 7%, Oseleta 3%.|
|Harvest:||manual harvesting (early October).|
|Winemaking:||in stainless steel tanks with 12 days of maceration on the grape skins at a controlled temperature.|
|Tasting notes:||brilliant ruby red colour, fragrant and intensely fruity. Dry and harmonious taste.|
|Food matches:||this wine can be matched with a variety of cold cuts and local butchery products, it also goes nicely with pasta and risotto dishes, as well as with soups and vegetable soups, tripe soup and white meat dishes.|
|Temperature:||Ideal serving temperature 16-18°. Uncork on serving.|
|Size:||Bottle 0.75 l.|