- 300 g (10½ oz) plain flour
- 225 g (7 ½ oz) yellow cornmeal
- 200 g (7 oz) butter
- 150 g (5 oz) icing sugar
- 150 g (5 oz) raisins
- 2 eggs
- 15 grams (½ oz) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- grated zest of one lemon
- seeds of half a vanilla
- In a bowl beat the eggs lightly with the salt.
- In the planetary mixer, using the egg beater, or on the worktop with your hands, mix the butter with the sugar, vanilla seeds and lemon zest. Add the eggs a little at a time until the dough is smooth.
- Add the sifted flour with baking powder, cornmeal, and then knead with the dough hook or by hand.
- Finally add the raisins.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder, cut it into regular pieces and form them with your hands into the characteristic ovoid shape.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 C (350 F) until they are golden, for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Recommended Wine: Recioto della Valpolicella
|Grape origin:||from the “Mandolari”, “Bosco”, “Tondin” vineyards on the Scriani Estate in Fumane.|
|Grape varieties:||Corvina 60%, Corvinone 20%, Rondinella 10%, Molinara 10%.|
|Harvest:||manual harvest (third week of September); selection of the best grapes which have been exposed to the sun.|
|Vinification:||after a period of natural drying room of 100 to 130 days, pressing and slow fermentation at a low temperature.|
|Ageing:||in small oak barrels for about 12 months and in the bottle for a further 12 months.|
|Tasting notes:||ruby red with a tendency towards purple, clean and intense aromas of fruit syrup, walnut, and with bouquet of cherries, red berries and lightly spicy notes.|
|Food matches:||a wonderful dessert wine, which is the perfect match to the traditional desserts from the local area such as Veronese Pandoro, Panettone and pastry but it can be happily paired with soft cheeses such as gorgonzola.|
|Temperature:||To be served at room temperature 18-20° and uncorked before drinking to allow some time for it to release all the intensity of its perfume.|
|Size:||Bottle 0.50 l.|